Firework Safety Tips
- Do not allow children to play with fireworks under any circumstances.
- Older children should only be permitted to use fireworks under close adult supervision.
- Light fireworks outdoors in a clear area away from houses, dry leaves or grass and flammable materials.
- Keep a bucket of water nearby.
- Do not try to relight or handle malfunctioning fireworks.
- Be sure other people are out of range.
- Never ignite fireworks in a container, especially a glass or metal container.
- Keep unused fireworks away from firing areas.
- Store fireworks in a dry, cool place.
- Observe Local Laws.
- Never have any portion of your body over a firework while lighting
- Don’t experiment with homemade fireworks.
Fireworks Safety Links:
National Council of Fireworks Safety
U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission
U.S. Department of Transportation
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
American Pyrotechnics Association
American Fireworks Standards Laboratory